Limestone Community High School is currently seeking a color guard and winter guard instructor for the 2017 – 2018 school year. The LCHS Marching Rockets, color guard, and winter guard are highly successful competitive programs that continue to grow. The color guard director will assist the band director in all aspects of the color guard. The successful candidate will prepare exercises, techniques, and cleaning routines. Both the color guard and winter guard meet as daily courses and are a P.E. credit for the students involved. The color guard and winter guard is a year-long position that is paid an hourly rate for two hours per day and a stipend for all after school activities and contests.
- $15-$18 per hour depending on experience for two hours each school day.
- First semester stipend = $2,981.18
- Second semester stipend = $1,654.12
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in adjudication of new student try-outs
- Create and prepare warm-up routines and technique exercises
- Have the ability to clean choreography given by the choreographer
- Have the ability to blend all skill levels into one successful unit
- Establish clear communication with members and their parents and help organize their efforts in support of the unit
- Maintain clear communication and a cooperative working relationships with band staff and be able to effectively communicate needs/wants for the unit
- Have the ability to effectively create and manage a budget for the color guard program
- Plan daily rehearsals to help students continually grow and improve
- Experience as a member of color guards, winter guards, and/or dance.
- Must be available for summer rehearsals beginning in July, band camp, sectionals, and all performances.
- Experience as a color guard member, director,or designer for marching band and/or drum corps