Have a guard-related job opening you are trying to fill? Email us the info, and we'll post it here for three months. After that time, it will be removed. If you still need it filled, simply resubmit and we'll be happy to repost.
- Demonstrated success directing and choreographing equipment and dance repertoire for outdoor and indoor color guard activities
- Strong organizational and instructional skills as demonstrated by groups previously under his/her direction
- Possess a depth of knowledge in design and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain members
- Direct all activities of the fall color guard and winter guard
- Implement a comprehensive equipment technique program as well as a fundamental movement/dance program
- Have the ability to blend all skill levels into one successful unit
- Participate in all extra-curricular rehearsals, band camp, performances and other activities as required
- Direct all recruiting efforts with the support of the Band Directors
- Create a growth plan for the future recruitment and retention for the program
- Assist and actively participate in staff marching production meetings and with the development of show concepts
- Design, implement and direct indoor performances during the winter season that are suitable for presentation in the community in a variety of contexts as ambassadors of the school and the total band program
- Assist and cooperate fully and willingly with the band staff in a unified effort to improve the comprehensive band program and to support one another
- Maintain clear communication and cooperative working relationships with band staff and be able to effectively communicate needs/wants for the unit
- Develop responsible citizens with an emphasis on social and academic integrity and leadership
- Present a cooperative and supportive image to the public as regards professional relationships
- Maintain student accountability with regard to performance and participation standards
- Establish clear communication between members, parents, staff and administration
- Help organize efforts such as fundraising, prop building, etc. to support of the unit
- Be able to effectively create and manage a budget for the color guard program
APPLY online at www.lcsc.us- go to Administration>Human Resources>Online employment application and select Athletic Coach/Extracurricular>Color Guard/Winter Guard Director.
For more information please see flyer attached.
The Color Guard Program at ISU offers an opportunity for experience students to continue performing at the collegiate level, improve their skills, and provide entertainment at home football games, parades, and pep rallies. If you would like to audition for the 2017 - 18 team, please register using the form on this site:
Auditions are structured like a color guard clinic. High school students who are not auditioning but would like to attend for the clinic experience are welcome. The event is free of charge and all equipment will be provided.
Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
Time: 9AM - 5PM
Location: North Gym of the Indiana State University Arean (401 N 4th St. Terre Haute, IN)
For more information, please see the flyer.
The Naperville Central High School colorguard staff is seeking highly qualified candidates for assistant positions. This is a great opportunity to join an already established staff of designers and become part of the team! Ideal candidates have previous experience teaching and choreographing as well as performance experience at the high school, collegiate, or drum corps levels. Naperville Central High School has a competitive marching band and Winterguard. Commitment includes weekly rehearsals and weekend performances. All interested candidates can contact Guard Director, Danielle Beaton for more information.
Her contact info is as follows:
Victor J. Andrew is currently looking for a new color guard director for the 2017 - 2018 season. The color guard director will assist the head band director in all aspects of the auxiliary unit. The individual should feel comfortable preparing exercises, techniques and routines suitable for all skill levels of students. The instructor will direct the unit within the Victor J. Andrew High School Marching Band, as well as the Winterguard program. Specific duties include:
Assist in adjudication of new student try-outs
Create a growth plan for the future recruitment and retainment for the program. [isl Prepare warm-up routines and technique exercises for the unit.
Be able to choreograph and assist with the visual package for the Marching Band including, but not limited to band choreography and props, etc.
Choreograph, arrange and implement routines and techniques for the current and future growth of the colorguard
Have the ability to blend all skill levels into one successful unit
Establish clear communication between yourself and member's parents and help organize their efforts (fundraising, prop building, etc) in support of the unit
Maintain clear communication and cooperative working relationships with band staff and be able to effectively communicate needs/wants for the unit
Be able to effectively create and manage a budget for the colorguard program
Have a depth of knowledge in design and creativity to field a Winterguard competitive show within both the local and national level
Extensive experience as a colorguard director and designer for marching band and/or drum corps.
Extensive experience as a member of colorguards or winterguards.
Must be available for band camp, rehearsals, football games and all contests.
If interested, please contact – Mark Iwinski, Director of Bands. Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org