Have a guard-related job opening you are trying to fill? Email us the info, and we'll post it here for three months. After that time, it will be removed. If you still need it filled, simply resubmit and we'll be happy to repost.
Barrington High School is looking for a co- coach to help with both Fall Season and Winter Season.
Contact Liz Morton at 847 890 1273 or by email .
The Willowbrook Color Guard / Winter Guard is looking for an instructor for the 2016-2017 school year due to the current coach being pregnant and due in December. Coaching experience is not necessary because the current coach can help out during the color guard season. The marching band is non-competitive and will perform in 4 home football games during the season.
If interested, please apply online here.
The Allegiance Winter Guard teams keep growing so we are looking to add more choreographers and technicians to our talented and friendly staff! We seek individuals with color guard and/or dance experience (recent WGI or DCI involvement a huge plus). Considerations will be made for those new to teaching. For the 2016-2017 season, Allegiance will floor 3 winter guard units; Independent A, Regional A, and Cadet. All teams will perform at MWCGC shows and championships in La Porte, Indiana. Additionally, the Independent A team will compete at WGI Regionals and WGI World Championships in Dayton, Ohio. If you are interested in working with one of our teams, please contact the director, Mr. Eric Hall, at (847) 525-3155 or e-mail: .
Glenbard North High School in Carol Stream, IL is in need of a color guard instructor for their upcoming marching band season. If you or anyone you know would be interested in this position, please send an e-mail to the address listed at the end of this listing. Pre-school rehearsals are August 1-4, 8-12 & 15 - 18 (all from 5:00 - 9:00). Weekly rehearsals are once a week on either Monday, Tuesday OR Thursday from 6-8PM (depending on field availability). Guard will also have one sectional outside of the weekly rehearsal once a week. Non-competitive marching band, performs for 4 home games. Contact if interested.
McKinney High School, located in McKinney Texas, has an immediate opening for a color guard director. McKinney High School has a state recognized marching program as well as two competitive winterguards. In three years the Varsity Winterguard progressed from the Novice class to finishing 2nd in the NTCA National A Championships. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to build on our recent success. There is strong support for the program from the band staff, administration, parents, and student body. Salary: Very competitive plus money for support staff. Interested applicants, please send your resume to: Ken Ringel, Director of Bands @ and .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Direct and manage the color guard program for McKinney HS. Provide students with an opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities and ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and district requirements.
- Teach two classes Monday through Friday everyday throughout the school year.
- Teach June and August band camps .
- Teach rehearsals after school with the high school marching band- 8 hours a week.
- Maintain and rehearse two winter guards after school, JV and Varsity.
- Attend all marching band rehearsals, football games, marching contests, and all competitive winter guard events.
- Align rehearsal standards, teaching styles, rehearsal priorities, ensemble fundamentals, etc., with the Director of Bands, and with other staff as required.
- Manage the overall program in show design, costumes, flag design, ordering materials, creating calendars and schedules, etc.
- Manage support staff.
- Establish performance requirements, enforce academic requirements, and verify each student’s eligibility to participate in guard.
- Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, UIL rules, and board policy in the band area.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.